Upgrading your Login with Amazon SDK for Android
What version of the Login with Amazon SDK for Android is my app using?
To determine the version of the Login with Amazon SDK for Android your app is using:
- Open a Mac/Unix terminal.
- Navigate to the folder containing the Login with Amazon SDK for Android (login-with-amazon-sdk.jar) in your Android
App. Typically, this is the
libsfolder under your project root directory.
- Run the following command to print the version number of the SDK:
javap -classpath ./login-with-amazon-sdk.jar -constants com.amazon.identity.auth.map.device.utils.MAPVersionInfo | grep -o "LWA_VERSION = .*"
How can I upgrade to the latest version of the Login with Amazon SDK for Android?
To upgrade from an earlier version of the Login with Amazon SDK for Android to the most recent:
- Download the latest version of the SDK from https://login.amazon.com/android.
- Using your filesystem, navigate to the
LoginWithAmazonSDKForAndroid._TTH_.zipfolder you just downloaded.
- Extract the zip file and navigate to the
- Use the
login-with-amazon-sdk.jarin this folder to replace the older SDK .jar file in your Android app. You can do this by copying the new .jar file to your clipboard, then pasting it into the folder of your Android project where the old .jar file is stored (typically the
libsfolder under your project root directory).